I was coming home from a pretty good day yesterday, I had the girls in tow, had plans for dinner lined out, and was enjoying the first three songs from Love, Angel, Music, Baby (those are really the only ones we like). I get home, unload the girlies, and check the mail. A Stuff Magazine, A Redbook Magazine, a Dillard's flyer, junk mail, and the gas bill. That's when I got smacked in the face.
I have been anxiously awaiting this bill, as it was the first full month of gas for the new house and I wanted to compare it to our bill from the extremely inefficient house we just moved from. $500. Yes, that is a FIVE followed by two zeros!!! After picking my mouth up off the floor and choking back a few tears, I called the company (which is located out of Oklahoma for some reason, even though the bill comes from Kansas) and after the longest this of electronic options I've ever had to wade through, finally spoke to a representative.
Apparently, when we moved, we had two bills that were combined into one totaling $355.00. I did in fact, receive this bill, which was followed by a bill stating that we had been credited $355.00 and our final bill was $0. I assumed this was because they had charged us twice, and had indeed received our payment and after all the math, we were settled. Well, that was definitely not the case. You see (I did not know this) the gas company credits your account when you move and moves all your charges to your new account (it sure would be nice if they would inform their customers about this). So, after this past month's $150.00 bill (which I could definitely have handled) we now owe $500.
All donations can be made to my name or Westar.
Friday, February 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Stupid Westar. That sucks!
now to have a blog you actually have to post something...
Dave: hmmm....now that is the pot calling the kettle black!! More posts tonight/tomorrow morning-unlike you, I have to work!
Post a Comment