Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The Greatest of Intentions

I typically pride myself on being an individual, not one to conform to a norm. I have fought very hard to resist the urge to wear a certain bracelete that has the words "live strong" imprinted on it. I have removed the ribbon magnet that boasts "support our troops" from my vehicle. And up to this point I have resisted the temptation to be enveloped by the world of blogging.

I am not a horrible, cynical person, but I feel like much of the meaning behind many of these things has been stripped by the media and marketing world that dictates everything we see and hear on a daily basis. I want to make decisions based on what I want or how I feel, not on how someone tells me I should feel. But this world of blogging that I have entered into....it has consumed me. I spend at least an hour of my day in my ritual of reading blog, after blog, after blog. I have determined that this is the wave of the future of communication.

I have never met these people, yet I am constantly thinking of what is going on in their "post" life. I miss those who first introduced me to this world. Those who don't post every day. I have succomed to the temptation. And I have the greatest of intentions with this blog. I feel this will replace my emails, my phone calls, and I dare say, my letters that I so rarely write.

So, for all of you already attached to this machine, I hope this becomes one of your daily reads. And for those of you who I hold near and dear, I hope this cements our various relationships. A funny, serious, not-so-serious, tuned into the current world, outlet for conversation and interaction. I am so looking forward to this.....I hope I won't dissapoint.

On a lighter note......if I drive clear across town to drink at your bar, and go out of my way to make sure the ladies I'm with are nice to you and make your job as a waiter easier, then I sure as hell don't want to give you a bill and expect no change in return. I may be tipsy, but I did in fact notice the 75 cents you forgot to return to me. Rest assured, that is the reason you received such a lousy tip.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Welcome to the world.

I've already linked you to mine.