Things have been unbelievably crazy at work. I'd love to tell all about it, but I don't think anyone who reads this would be able to understand if I even began to try to tell about it. Except for Dave McC, who may have a bit more insight than the rest of the world.
Today I had to attend a Dam Safety Conference in Witchita. When I got to that specific town in the great state of Kansas , the only thing I could think of was a great friend of mine named Clint. Stephanie, you might remember the mysterious boy who dropped off the face of the earth. Boy do I miss that guy-I would give my left arm to see what he is up to these days.
Okay, so a typical, extremely boring conference turned upside down when a coworker of mine got the news that a supervisor and good friend of ours, who shall go by the name of Fred, had passed away this afternoon. We were in complete shock. Fred was one of those hard-asses who pretended to be so mean and nasty, but yet you knew he was one of the nicest guys on the planet. B/c noone knows who I am speaking of, and b/c I am half drunk, I won't go into a ten page narrative about how great a guy this man was. All I'll say is that several of my employees and I got together this evening to tribute Fred, and I can say that after 11:30, we were all tired, a little lit, and actually happy that we got together to remember such a great fellow. So here's to Fred and all my fellow employees, above and below me, who realize that sometimes, no matter what your contract states, or how much you think you should be paid, or what the latest office gossip is, it is great to have people you can call friends and that you can all agree on a common topic: that Fred was loved and will be missed, and that we all have obstacles that we can overcome. God Bless.
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment