Friday, August 24, 2007

Go Wildcats!

Today I had the pleasure of visiting with a group of fourth year Landscape Architecture students from KSU to visit with them about a project they will be working on this semester. While it was nice seeing new faces and hearing them talk about life at Seaton Hall, I couldn't help but be a bit perturbed. How is it that they can spend one more semester than we did during the program and walk out Master's students?! They really didn't seem much smarter than anyone I went to school with-and they certainly didn't ask many questions about a project that is the focus of a major design competition and entails an endless list of highlights that could guarantee them an easy A or B or at least a job with the City (that was a joke).

Or maybe I was just contemplating the fact that I could be like one of the other two gentlemen who were speaking that work for the City and have spent there entire lives outside of college (one for 27 years and one for 12) working for the same government, going through the same budget battles year after year, and trying to catch up on work that will never, ever be finished.........that wouldn't be quite so bad, would it?

No comments: