Monday, August 20, 2007

So This is My Life

This past Friday I got to speak with my friend from several years ago now, Tim. And while it was a short talk (one that we have every now and again) it was a nice one. Why? Because we spoke about the people we knew (or used to know, that is) and about what it was that they were all doing. He knew bits and pieces from random phone calls and people who know people. I knew more about them from the blogs that I read on a regular basis. Which brings me to this point: all of you who have a blog (and a couple that do not) and those who read this one on occasional basis- well, I still think of you all every single day. I wonder what your lives are like and why I can't keep up with all the news that you all generate in a week, a month, or a year. For this reason, I want to say thank you for keeping in touch, even if it is on a very infrequent basis.

I try not to be a big gossiper, if that is even a word, but you have no idea how much joy I get out of seeing how you are doing, what is going on in your life, and remembering all the times we shared together in those five years together. I don't share my blog with anyone other than the couple of people who read it, partly because I am ashamed that I don't keep up with it that well (sort of like how I don't let people see my basement when they come to visit) but I think I'm ready to share my stories with more of the world-particularly more friends and family. Why? Because although I haven't seen many of you for a very long period of time (with the exception of Tim, whom I ran into at the Modest Mouse concert-great surprise!) I feel like I know you just as I did when I saw you on a regular basis. For this reason, I feel like this is the place I should try to keep up with everyone. Not only to fill everyone in on the major events that have been going on in my crazy life, but also on the little random things that I just love reading on everyone else's blog.

Enough rambling already: here's to not worrying about what everyone else thinks of you, about celebrating the life that you are entrenched in, and about looking forward to what is to come! Let the craziness begin!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the message the other day...I think of you ALL THE TIME too!

Sniff. Sniff sniff. I miss Sylvia.

Anonymous said...

more posts- ALRIGHT!!!!!

bring 'em on!!

and don't worry about the fact that you can't get me off your mind, I usually have that effect on people!

haha!!!!!!